PSYCHIATRIC CLINICAL TRIALS
- 40 years in the psychiatric medicine field
Mood and Psychotic Disorders; Research Psychiatry; Therapeutic Neuromodulation ECT (electroconvulsive therapy), and TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation); Psychiatric Drug Development (psychosis and depression); Clinical Trials; Management and Treatment of Schizophrenia, Depression, and Bipolar Disorder; Psychopharmacology; Scientific Writing; Education/Teaching; Lecturing/Public Speaking.
BS and MD from Loyola University in Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, with more than 500 publication credits. Editorial board member of Directions in Psychiatry, Essential Psychopharmacology, and Psychiatric Annals.
Principal lecturer in over 500 courses, seminars, symposia, and related professional events, with memberships in the American Psychiatric Association, American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology, Clinical TMS Society (founding board member), and Society of Biological Psychiatry. Awards and honors include Outstanding Psychopharmacology Teacher in Rush University’s Department of Psychiatry (2013-2014), Leading Health Professionals of the World (2011), International Biographical Centre Top 100 Health Professionals (2011), Top Doctors in the Chicago Area Chicago Consumers’ Checkbook (2011), The Global Directory of Who’s Who: Top Doctors (2011), John M. Davis Researcher of the Year Award – NAMI of Greater Chicago (2009), and Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association (2009).
- Director and Consultant of the Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Center, Linden Oaks Medical Group / Elin Healthcare at Edward Hospital, Naperville, IL
- Adjunct Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Director, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Center, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Medical Director, Psychiatric Clinical Research Center, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Professor of Psychiatry, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Professor of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Professor of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Associate Program Director, NIH General Clinical Research Center, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Consultant, VA Chicago Health Care System, West Side Division, Chicago, IL
- Consultant, State of Illinois DHS: Madden Mental Health Center
- Chief, Research Unit, Illinois State Psychiatric Institute
- Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Associate Clinical Director, Central Research Program, Illinois State Psychiatric Institute
Research and clinical expertise in the assessment, treatment, and management of mood and psychotic disorders including schizophrenia, bipolar, and depression.
Principal investigator of psychopharmacological clinical trials and studies, including repetitive deep transcranial magnetic stimulation for major depression, and long-acting injectable aripiprazole, long-acting injectable paliperidone, and lurasidone plus cognitive remediation for schizophrenia.